Saturday, December 16, 2006
I am bored. I realise theres nothing to do online except bloghop and youtube and friendster, which are getting kinda old.

I should write poems or something, or a short story. But my brainjuice is looooow, no inspiration or anything. I want to do something productive like helping out at mercy relief or doing volunteer work or something.

Somethingsomethingsomethingsomething.

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/video/

I hate myself sitting here doing nothing productive but still having the easy life, like i could just grab a bite in the fridge and just have a nap on my comfy bed when there are children out there alone, not having a decent place to sleep. And passers-by can just walk past that little kid in the yellow dress video like it's normal to see a little girl create a makeshift bed all by herself on the street. And most of us take things for granted, we complain about everything, not stopping to consider how our troubles compare to the needy or the orphans or hungry children in Africa.
I complain about school, well who doesnt, and homework, and not having a very fun life but i know there are people out there who have it worse than me. There are children who don't even go to school.

Oh and the toddler video, this reallyreally young kid, puts her sibling on the pavement and covers her with a blanket. The kid is porbably 5 years old? And her sibling is 2. The video states she can't walk yet. You know why? Because rats chewed off her toes. These toddlers live on the pavement. ON THE PAVEMENT.

The Orphans of Nkandla video, the kids' mom died of Aids and their dad is dying. One of them said their mum used to do everything and now she's gone and she has to do everything. And her younger sibling was crying through the whole video. I fight with my mum at times, and act as if she's gonna be here with me my whole life. I have to admit, i can't survive without my parents. They support me and all, but sometimes i'm such an ungrateful kid and i take things for granted. You'll never miss someone or something till they're really gone. And now that girl, who's probably my age, has to take care of all her siblings and suffer with the loss of the two most important people in the world. Their dad died soon after the video btw.

So I know i'm one lucky kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Jukebox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tagboard


Archive April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007